In an effort to provide transparency and promote education, Rexx believes it’s extremely important to understand what you are taking and why you are taking it. That’s why we have made it part of our mission to help you learn about the importance of research, the benefits of specific ingredients, and what types of things you should avoid in your supplements.
The Importance of Supplement Research and Education
There are a lot of supplements out there today and many of them make crazy claims. It seems as though every pill will help you lose weight while increasing muscle mass, and do all of it in 30 days or less. While some of these products may live up to their claims, many of them do not. That’s why education on the effectiveness of supplement ingredients is extremely important.
There is a lot of high-quality research on this topic. Thanks to sites like Google and PubMed, you can easily find the newest studies that look at the effectiveness of various supplements. When sifting through the research you should keep three things in mind:
1. Who participated in the study? For example, what was the age and gender of participants? Is the participant’s lifestyle comparable to yours or is it completely different?
2. How did researchers measure the effectiveness of the supplement?
3. What dosage of a supplement was considered effective?
All of these things can help you better understand whether a supplement (sold individually or found within a larger formula) is effective and/or right for you. In addition, this knowledge can help you steer clear of supplements that may not be up to par such as those that use proprietary blends.
What Are Proprietary Blends?
When you look at your favorite supplement nutrition label, you may see a section that reads “proprietary blend.” A proprietary blend is when a supplement lists a variety of ingredients, but the amounts of all the ingredients in the blend are stated as one combined number.
Why do Companies use Proprietary Blends?
Supplement companies use proprietary blends for two reasons.
1. Deception and Cost-Cutting
• Companies may use proprietary blends to mask ineffective mixes or make you think you are getting more than you are really paying for. They lower the dosage of more expensive ingredients and fill the mix with less expensive ingredients.
• Companies will use proprietary blends as a marketing tactic. They give them fancy names like “super pump matrix” to make them sound very appealing. However, there is rarely any research provided to back up why it’s such a superior mix.
• Companies may also use proprietary blends to protect their formula. In these cases companies should be able to prove through research how and why their proprietary blend is better.
How Do I Know If The Proprietary Blend Is Legitimate?
You’re probably wondering how you can tell if a proprietary blend is being used as a way to scam you or as a legitimate business practice. Unfortunately there is no real way to do that. Instead, you should educate yourself and base your decision on the company’s reputation and whether or not there is any research associated with the blend. Also, a good rule of thumb is that if there are more proprietary blends than listed ingredients on the label, and especially if a product is made exclusively out of proprietary blends, it’s not worth your money.
Why Rexx Is Helping Lead the Pack in Transparent Labeling
Rexx believes that transparency and accountability is extremely important in a company. How can you trust someone when they’re hiding things from you? The simple answer is that you can’t. That’s why Rexx is the game changer in sports nutrition. We’re calling for all of you to join the Rexx Elite and say no to proprietary blends!
There is an abundant amount of research out there on the effectiveness of dietary ingredients. Supplement companies should use these facts to identify the best ingredients that will assist you in reaching your goals, not just make choices based on what is most cost-effective for them. In addition, non-proprietary blends will hold supplement companies accountable for the products they make and sell. Rexx feels that this level of responsibility is necessary when dealing with something as important as your health. In turn, you can feel comfortable knowing our products are safe and that we stand proudly behind all of our formulas.
At the end of the day, supplements won’t replace proper training and nutrition. However, they can definitely help you reach your goals. So, why waste your hard earned money on ineffective products? You deserve the best. Rexx is here to give you all of that and more!
Want to Learn More About What Is in Rexx Supplements?
Find out more about the ingredients Rexx uses and their benefits by clicking below.